Sorry – no candles and aromatherapy here! Sports Massage is a form of manual therapy, and includes deep tissue massage, soft tissue release and trigger point therapy. Some might find it uncomfortable, but it is very effective at restoring optimal muscle length and decreasing tension within muscle tissue.
Sports Massage not only benefits athletes but can help anyone. It can help individuals who experience aches and pains on a daily basis e.g from sitting at a desk all day, or driving long distances through to those who have physically demanding jobs. It can also help your mental wellbeing, as emotional stress and anxiety can often produce similar symptoms to that of a sportsperson.
Here are our 10 key benefits of having a sports massage:
- Helps to prevent injury and speed up muscle recovery.
- Relieves stress on your joins, ligaments, tendons and muscles.
- Improves flexibility
- Decreases anxiety / stress
- Helps to improve your posture
- Decrease DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness from exercise)
- Improves circulation
- Helps with pain relief
- Improves Sleep
- Increases a sense of well-being
Sports Massage Fees:
30 mins – £45 / 60 mins – £75
If you have any questions or would like to know about how Sports Massage can help you, please don’t hesitate to contact us.